You’re here on vacation or you’re here to visit relatives and friends in the St. Louis area, but where are you staying? If you’re staying in a hotel, it’s best to know other things like locations of nearby attractions, what the weather will be like on your trip, etc. This blog gives you a map of St. Louis and some quick facts about it so that when you get there you’ll be prepared for your stay!
Map of St. Louis
St. Louis is a large and sprawling city with a lot to see and do. The city has been around for over two centuries, so there is a lot of history and architecture to explore. There are also plenty of things to do in St. Louis if you’re looking for something to do on a weekend or during the week. The city has plenty of parks and lakes, as well as bars and restaurants.
St. Louis, Missouri: Travel Guide for St. Louis Photo Gallery
What to know about St. Louis
– St. Louis is known for its architecture and history.
– The Gateway Arch is a popular tourist attraction.
– Other popular attractions include the Museum of Fine Arts, the World Chess Hall of Fame, and the Fox Theatre.
– The city has plenty of restaurants and nightlife options.
How to Get a Tour of St. Louis
St. Louis is a great place to visit for anyone interested in history. You can get a guided tour of the city or take self-guided tours. There are many options for touring, so find what interests you and go for it!
Interesting Facts About St. Louis
St. Louis is nicknamed the City of Soul, and it’s easy to see why. From the ornate architecture to the energetic locals, everything about this city feels alive. Here are some interesting facts about St. Louis you may not have known:
– St. Louis is one of only two cities in America (the other being Memphis) with a French name and an English name. The city’s original name was “Sainte Geneviève” after Geneviève, the virgin patron saint of Paris. – The Gateway Arch is the world’s tallest aluminum arch and it was dedicated on April 27, 1965.
– The Arch is located at the end of Municipal Drive in downtown St. Louis and can be reached by walking or using the MetroLink light Rail system which runs through downtown. – The Gateway Arch National Park was created in 1996 and encompasses 1,286 acres including the Arch and surrounding attractions such as Forest Park and Cherokee Park.
– In 2006, St. Louis became home to the St. Louis Zoo which features more than 3,000 animals from all over the world.
List of Fun Things to Do in Saint Louis
Saint Louis is a city that is always full of life. Whether you’re looking to explore its many attractions or just relax and enjoy the company of friends, there’s always something fun to do in Saint Louis. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
-Take a walk down the historic district of downtown Saint Louis and explore the architecture and history of the area. There are plenty of landmarks to see, such as the Gateway Arch and the Saint Louis University campus.
-Head out to Forest Park for a day of hiking, biking, and picnicking. This enormous park has plenty to offer visitors of all ages, including a lake for swimming, dozens of trails for hiking or biking, and lovely gardens.
-Take a trip out to Monsanto or Edwardsville for some family-friendly fun. These towns are home to amusement parks like Busch Gardens and Six Flags St. Louis, as well as zoos and other attractions that will keep everyone entertained.
There’s always something happening in Saint Louis – so whatever you’re looking for in a city to visit, it’s sure to be available here. So take your time exploring all that this vibrant city has to offer!
Best Restaurants in Saint Louis
St. Louis is home to some of the best restaurants in the Midwest. Whether you’re looking for a casual bite or something more extravagant, there’s a restaurant perfect for you in St. Louis. Here are five of our favorites:
1. The Clay Pit
The Clay Pit is a rustic-chic restaurant with an extensive wine list and delicious food. The prix fixe dinner includes an appetizer, main dish, and dessert, and it’s definitely worth checking out for a special meal.
2. Fitzgerald’s Steakhouse
Fitzgerald’s Steakhouse is a luxurious steakhouse that serves up some of the best beef in St. Louis. If you’re looking for a special night out, this is the place to go. The steak dinner is definitely worth your money!
3. Harry’s Smokehouse BBQ
Harry’s Smokehouse BBQ is a local favorite for barbecue lovers everywhere. The meat here is cooked to perfection and the sides are also top-notch. If you’re looking for something different, Harry’s Smokehouse BBQ is the place to go!
4. Bavette’s Pizza
Bavette’s Pizza has been voted one of the best pizzerias in St. Louis for years now– and the food quality speaks for itself. Bavette’s has an unbeatable atmosphere, lots of great dining options, and even more amazing menu items.
5. The Capital GrilleThe Capital Grille is a must-try when you’re in St. Louis. Located on a prime location in Downtown St. Louis, this restaurant offers great service, a variety of different table styles, and delicious food to boot! It’s hard to find a better place to eat than The Capital Grille!
Best Beaches Near Saint Louis
If you’re looking for a beach vacation that’s close to home, check out the beaches in nearby St. Charles County. Three of the area’s most popular beaches are located within a short drive of Saint Louis: Grand Beach, Wildwood Crest, and Ballwin Beach. All three offer plenty of amenities, including showers and changing areas, as well as restaurants and shops. And if you’re looking for something a little more secluded, consider either of the two beaches in Maryland Heights: Silver Dollar Bay or Hopkins Point. Neither offers as many conveniences as some of the other beaches near St. Louis, but they’re perfect for those who want to get away from it all.
Best Museums in Saint Louis
Saint Louis is home to a number of museums that are worth checking out if you’re visiting the city. The Saint Louis Art Museum, the Saint Louis Zoo, and the Saint Louis Science Center are all excellent places to visit, and each has its own unique features that make it worth your time. The Saint Louis Art Museum is particularly noteworthy for its impressive collection of ancient art, while the Saint Louis Zoo is home to some of the most interesting animal exhibits in the region. Finally, the Saint Louis Science Center offers a wealth of interactive exhibits that are sure to interest children and adults alike.
Best Places to Stay in Saint Louis
There are so many hotels in Saint Louis that it can be hard to decide where to stay. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly option or a luxurious stay, Saint Louis has something for you. Here are some of the best places to stay in Saint Louis:
– Hampton Inn and Suites Saint Louis Airport – Located near Lambert International Airport, this hotel offers great rates and plenty of amenities, including an indoor pool and laundry facilities. The Hampton Inn is also close to many restaurants and shopping options.
– Residence Inn by Marriott St. Louis Downtown – This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Saint Louis and offers spacious rooms with all the amenities you need, like a full kitchenette and free Wi-Fi. There’s also a fitness center, pool and hot tub on site, as well as a 24-hour business center.
– Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites O’Fallon – This hotel is less than 20 minutes from the airport and is perfect for travelers who want to venture out into the city while they are in Saint Louis. The hotel features spacious rooms with all the amenities you need, like an indoor pool and hot tub.