Virginia Beach is a city in Virginia, and it’s definitely worth checking out! Explore the nearby locations, from the quaint shops to the amazing beaches. You’ll be surprised by all of the things you find on our map when you look up Virginia Beach!
Table of Contents
Map of Virginia Beach Travel Guide for Virginia Beach
Welcome to the Map of Virginia Beach blog! This blog is a resource for visitors to learn about the city and its attractions.
If you’re looking for something specific, our search tool can help you find it.
We hope you enjoy learning about Virginia Beach and feel free to leave your own thoughts and feedback in the comments section below. We would also love to hear from you if you have any questions or suggestions about how we can improve our blog content.
Thanks for visiting!
Map Of Virginia Beach: Get To Know This City Photo Gallery
Virginia Beach History
Virginia Beach is a city with a long and rich history. From its beginnings as a small fishing village, it has grown into one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States. In this blog, we’ll take a look at some of Virginia Beach’s most interesting history facts.
Virginia Beach first came into being in 1699 as part of the Jamestown Settlement. The town was originally called “Port Royal” after King James I of England granted a charter to the Virginia Company, which was responsible for establishing the colony.
In 1785, Port Royal became an independent town and began to grow rapidly as a resort destination. By 1850, it had reached its peak population of over 36,000 people. However, the Civil War and subsequent economic downturns eventually led to Virginia Beach’s decline.
Nonetheless, the city has continued to grow steadily since then, and today it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States. This is due in part to its beautiful beaches and stunning natural scenery, as well as its cultural diversity – Virginia Beach is home to both African Americans and Europeans, making it one of the most culturally diverse cities in the country.
The city is also home to numerous military bases, and it is one of the primary sites of the United States Navy’s Atlantic Fleet, which is centered in Norfolk Naval Station. Virginia Beach’s location makes it a convenient home base for sailors and tourists who wish to travel throughout the eastern seaboard of North America. Recently, Virginia Beach has become a popular destination for sports fans as well because of its proximity to many professional teams.
Virginia Beach Today
Virginia Beach is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Virginia, and for good reason. The city has a relaxed atmosphere with plenty to do, see, and experience. From sandy beaches and vibrant nightlife to historical landmarks and picturesque neighborhoods, there’s something for everyone in Virginia Beach. Here are a few things to know about the city before you visit:
-The city is located on the Atlantic Ocean, just south of Norfolk.
-The population is approximately 305,000 residents.
-The economy is based largely on tourism and military spending.
-Virginia Beach has over 50 miles of beaches and more than 100 parks and gardens.
-There are several museums including the Chrysler Museum of Art, the Mariners Museum at Historic Norfolk Naval Base, and the Science Museum of Virginia.
-Virginia Beach also has a large convention center that hosts events such as trade shows and conferences.
Places to eat
Planning a trip to Virginia Beach and need some ideas for where to eat? Here are five restaurants that we think you’ll love.
1) The Capital Grille: This iconic restaurant is located in the heart of Virginia Beach and offers diners a variety of American cuisine, including steaks, seafood, chops, salads and desserts.
2) OBX Fish House: Located on the oceanfront at 49th Street, this restaurant serves up fresh seafood dishes such as oysters, clams, lobster and fish dinners.
3) King’s Dominion: This amusement park offers visitors a variety of dining options, including the Crown Pub & Grille and the Frontier Tower Restaurant. In addition to burgers, fries and chicken nuggets, you can also find barbecue options in both locations.
4) Wahoo’s Fish Taco Bar: This casual spot is perfect for taco lovers who want something different than the traditional Mexican fare found elsewhere in town. You can find Wahoo’s at Atlantic Avenue near the intersection of North Lynnhaven Rd. and Shore Drive.
5) Luchars Seafood Grill: This casual spot is perfect for those who want to enjoy delicious seafood without spending a lot of money. You can find Luchars at the intersection of Virginia Ave. and Lynnhaven Pkwy., just down the street from the Westin Lynnhaven resort.
6) O’Reilly’s Pub & Restaurant: This bar and restaurant is known for serving delicious food, including a variety of burgers and pizzas, while also offering live entertainment on Friday nights. Stop by this spot to find out all about it.
Places to stay
One of the best things about Virginia Beach is that it has a vast array of places to stay. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious hotel or a cozy bed and breakfast, there’s something for everyone. Here are some of our favorites:
Inns by the Sea: This family owned inn is located right on the oceanfront and features rooms with balconies or terraces that offer stunning views. It also offers delicious dining options and a heated pool.
The Sandcastle Hotel: This charming hotel is perfect for those who want to stay in a historic setting. It has an eclectic collection of rooms, all with unique features like private fireplaces or jetted tubs.
The Margaritaville Resort: If you’re looking for an exciting vacation with plenty of activities, the Margaritaville Resort is perfect for you. It’s located on the beach and features everything from water sports to concerts and nightclubs.
Things to do
If you’re looking for things to do in Virginia Beach, there’s no need to look any further. This city has something for everyone, and there’s always something new to discover. From museums and parks to shopping and nightlife, there’s plenty to do here. Here are just a few of the top attractions:
•Virginia Beach Museum of Fine Arts: This museum is home to an impressive collection of art spanning from ancient civilizations to contemporary pieces. There’s something here for everyone, and admission is free.
•Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel: Take a trip along one of the world’s longest bridge-tunnels and see how geography has shaped the Eastern Shore. The tunnel is also a great place to take photos or watch a sunset.
•Oceanfront Park: This park offers visitors plenty of opportunities for recreation, including a beachfront promenade, a playground, and an extensive garden area. There are also several restaurants and bars located within the park.
There are literally dozens of things to do in Virginia Beach, so be sure to check out the blog section for more suggestions!
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Cost of “Skiplagging”: How A Teen’s Travel Hack Landed Him a Ban from American Airlines
- A Night Out in LA: Exploring the Best Bars in the City
- 10 Must-See Destinations for Nature Lovers
- 10 Yoga Poses For Strengthening Your Back
- Washington’s Most Popular Attractions, Shopping and Dining Spots