Yoga has so many benefits that span the range of mind and body. For example, it helps relieve stress and anxiety, aids in healthy digestion, and is useful for improving mental focus. But it also comes with a few drawbacks – like making your thighs feel like they’re on fire. Luckily, this new infographic from Yoga Journal has got you covered!
Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years and is known for its many health benefits.
One of the benefits of yoga is that it can help you lose weight. There are many different yoga poses that can help you to lose weight and get leaner. Some of the poses that are specifically designed to help you lose weight are the standing backbend, the pigeon pose, the cow pose, and the warrior II pose.
These poses work by toning your body and helping to burn calories. They also improve your flexibility and strength. In addition, they reduce stress and anxiety levels, which can lead to better sleep. Yoga is a great way to get lean and healthy without having to resort to extreme measures such as diet pills or exercise supplements.
10 Yoga Poses To Get You Lean & Tone Your Inner Thighs Photo Gallery
Foundational Yoga Poses
1. Foundational yoga poses are the most important poses in a yoga practice. They help to build the foundation for all other poses.
2. These poses should be practiced regularly to help you tone your body and increase your flexibility.
3. If you are new to yoga, start with foundational poses before moving on to more challenging poses.
Standing One Legged Hip Opener
Yoga poses to help you lose weight can be done with one leg.
If you’re looking to lose weight, you may want to try a yoga pose called the Standing One Legged Hip Opener. This pose is done with one leg extended in front of you and the other knee bent. You’ll then use your abdominal muscles to pull the raised leg towards your chest. Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on how strong your abs are.
This pose is a great way to work your abdominal muscles and help you lose weight. It also helps to improve your balance and flexibility. If you’re new to yoga, try this pose first to see if it’s suitable for you. After you’ve mastered it, try other poses that will help you lose more weight.
Seated Wide Leg Straddle Pose
One of the most popular yoga poses is the seated wide leg straddle. This pose targets the entire lower body and can help to increase flexibility and circulation in the legs.
To do this pose, sit down with your legs stretched out in front of you. Cross your ankles so that your thighs are parallel to each other. Press your heels into the ground and press your hips forward. Hold this position for a few seconds before slowly moving them back to the center of your mat.
Half Moon Pose
Half Moon Pose is a yoga pose that helps to tone the body and increase flexibility.
Half Moon Pose is a great pose for people who want to get lean and toned. It helps to stretch the hips, groin, and thighs. It also tones the stomach and lower back muscles. Half Moon Pose is a good pose for people who want to lose weight or improve their posture.
Camel pose is a great pose to start your yoga routine if you want to get lean.
Camel pose is a yoga pose that helps to stretch the oblique muscles and the quadriceps. It also strengthens the lower back, hamstrings, and glutes.
To do camel pose, lie on your stomach with your knees bent and feet resting on the calves of your legs. Bring your arms up parallel to your shoulders and press your palms down into the floor. Use your abs to lift your hips off the floor, extending your torso and legs at the same time. Hold for 5-7 breaths before lowering down slowly back to the starting position.
Bound Angle Pose
1. Bound Angle Pose is one of the most common yoga poses. It helps to stretch the hips, knees, and spine.
2. To do this pose, lie on your back with your feet flat on the ground and your palms flat on the floor next to you. Angle your hips so that your thighs are perpendicular to each other and lift your torso and shoulders off the ground. Hold for a few seconds and then lower yourself back down to the starting position.
3. For a more challenging pose, try Bound Angle Pose with your hands behind your back. This will stretch the shoulder muscles as well as the hip flexors and extensors.
Big Toe Pose
One yoga pose that is great for toning the body is the big toe pose. This pose targets the inner and outer thighs, as well as the abdomen. To do the big toe pose, start by sitting on your heels with your toes pointing outwards. Lean back slightly and hold your hands behind your neck. Flex your toes and press your heels into the ground to lift yourself up. Hold this position for a few seconds before lowering yourself back to the starting position. Repeat this pose several times for a powerful stretch.
River Runner’s Boat Pose
River Runner’s Boat Pose is an excellent yoga pose for people who want to get lean and toned. It is a great pose for people who want to lose weight or build muscle.
To do this pose, start by lying down on your back with your legs bent at the knee. Cross your arms over your chest and lift your hips up so that you are in a sitting position. Bend your knees and bring them towards your chest, then release them back to the starting position. Repeat the pose 10 times.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga: 10 Yoga Poses To Help Curb Depression And Anxiety
- 10 Yoga Poses To Speed Things Up If You Get Bowel Issues
- 10 Best Yoga Poses to Heal Diastasis Recti
- 10 Yoga Poses to Kick Diabetes In The Knee
- 10 Best Yoga Poses To Help Balance Your Root Chakra