You can use yoga to lose weight. It is an effective way to breathe and it also helps you burn fat with each session. However, the traditional poses that you might have seen your instructor leading are only some of the many different options out there. In this article, 10 yoga poses recommended for beginners are shared with you so that you can start off on a good base.
The Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog)
One of the best yoga poses for weight loss is the Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog). This pose is a great way to work your entire body. It stretches your spine, hips, stomach, and thighs.
To do the pose, lie down on your back with your feet flat on the ground. Bend your knees and bring your hands toward your shoulders. Place your forehead on the floor and let your arms hang loosely at your sides. Hold this pose for 30 seconds to two minutes.
If you want to make this pose more challenging, you can add resistance by placing a tennis ball or weights in each hand. You can also try variations of this pose such as Child’s pose or Plank position. These variations will work different parts of your body and help you to burn more calories.
10 Yoga Poses That’ll Help You Lose Weight Photo Gallery
The Ganeshasana (Ganesha Pose)
If you’re looking to lose weight, you might want to try the Ganeshasana (Ganesha Pose). This pose is a great way to tone your body and reduce your waistline.
The Ganeshasana is a standing pose that involves balancing on one foot with the other leg bent and tucked beneath your body. To do this pose, first stand with your feet hip-width apart. Place your hands on your hips for support. Next, hinge at the hips and slowly lower your torso until your thighs and torso are parallel to the floor. Hold the pose for two seconds before slowly raising your head and torso back to the starting position.
The Ganeshasana is a great way to tone your body and reduce your waistline. It also helps increase flexibility in the hips, spine, and shoulders. If you’re looking to lose weight, try practicing this pose today!
The first yoga pose that you should try for weight loss is Utkatasana. This pose is a basic seated forward bend that targets the abdominal muscles and the lower back. It also strengthens the neck, wrists, and thighs.
To do Utkatasana, sit on the floor with your feet flat on the ground and your spine straight. Bend your knees until your thighs are close to your chest. Hold onto your ankles if need be to keep yourself stable. Keep your head, shoulders, and hips in line with each other. Hold the pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
If you’re new to yoga, try some of our other poses that can help you lose weight. These poses include Paschimottanasana (seated forward fold), Vrksasana (tree pose), Padmasana (lotus pose), Ardha Chandrasana (half moon pose), and Sirsasana (head-stand).
Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose)
Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose) is a yoga pose that’s often used to help people lose weight.
The key to losing weight with this pose is to keep the spine erect. To do this, you’ll need to stay in balance and resist the temptation to lean back or put your hands on your hips. You can also use props to help you stay in balance. For example, you can hold on to a chair or wall for support.
Another important factor when doing Baddha Konasana is to breathe deeply and evenly. Try not to hold your breath, and focus on breathing through your nose. This will help you burn more calories.
If you’re new to this pose, start by doing it slowly and gradually increase the intensity over time. If you’re already a yogi, try incorporating Baddha Konasana into your daily routine for a quick weight loss boost.
Matsyendrasana is a yoga pose that helps you lose weight. This pose is also known as the fish pose because of its resemblance to the shape of a fish.
To do Matsyendrasana, start by sitting on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Bend your knees and slowly raise your torso until your thighs are above your head. You should keep your shoulders down and back straight throughout the pose. Hold the position for 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on how flexible you are.
Matsyendrasana is a great pose for weight loss because it targets the stomach muscles. It also helps to stretch the spine and increase flexibility in the hips and ankles. If you are looking to lose weight, Matsyendrasana is a great pose to try.
If you’re looking for a yoga pose that’ll help you lose weight, try Urdhva Dhanurasana. This pose is known as the “bridge pose” and it’s a great way to start your day.
To do Urdhva Dhanurasana, lie down on your back with your feet flat on the ground. Place your hands on your thighs. lift your head, shoulders and upper body off the ground, and hold the position for 30 to 60 seconds. You can also add some variations to this pose to make it more challenging. For example, you can lift one leg at a time or extend your arms overhead.
Parsvottanasana is one of the most popular yoga poses for weight loss. It’s also one of the most effective poses for toning and tightening the abdominal muscles.
To do parsvottanasana, lie on your back on the floor with your legs bent at a 90-degree angle. Place your palms flat on the floor near your shoulders, and lift your hips off the floor until you’re in a plank position. Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Other effective poses for weight loss include Tadasana (Mountain pose), Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon pose), Viparita Karani (Legs-Up-the-Wall pose), and Paschimottanasana (Intense forward fold). These poses will help to tone and tighten your abdominal muscles while also helping to improve your posture.
One of the best ways to lose weight is through yoga. Yoga has been proven to be an effective way to reduce stress, improve your mood, and increase your flexibility.
Below are three yoga poses that will help you lose weight. Try them out today and see how they can help you reach your fitness goals!
1. Anjaneyasana 3: This pose is known as the fish pose because it helps you look slim and graceful. To do this pose, lie down on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor. Push your hips up towards the ceiling and squeeze your glutes at the same time. Hold this pose for 30 seconds to one minute.
2. Savasana: This pose is known as the corpse pose because it helps promote relaxation and peace of mind. To do this pose, lie down on your back with your arms at your sides and legs bent at the knee. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Don’t worry about how you look; just focus on feeling calm and relaxed. Hold this pose for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Ardha Chandrasana: This pose is named for the half moon shape it creates. Start on a mat with your arms and legs straight out to the sides and at shoulder length. Then bend your knees so your feet are flat on the floor, but keep your hips square. Push through your inner thighs to lift your hips off of the ground. Keep them parallel to each other or you may end up looking like a dangle-legged penguin. Hold this pose for three breaths and then lower back down onto the mat.”I found that yoga was an effective form of exercise for alleviating my chronic pain,” writes Andrea Pitts, 37, who has arthritis in her wrists, shoulders, back and neck.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga: 10 Yoga Poses To Help Curb Depression And Anxiety
- 10 Yoga Poses To Speed Things Up If You Get Bowel Issues
- 10 Best Yoga Poses to Heal Diastasis Recti
- 10 Yoga Poses to Kick Diabetes In The Knee
- 10 Best Yoga Poses To Help Balance Your Root Chakra