If you need a guide to some of the best local attractions Kansas City has to offer, then check out this blog article! There’s a map of the city that includes a list of what each location is and what it offers.
Map of Kansas City
Kansas City is a big city, but there’s plenty of things to do if you’re looking for something different. Whether you want to explore the many museums and historical landmarks or take in some of the city’s top performing arts venues, Kansas City has something for everyone. In this blog section, we’ll provide a guide to some of the more popular local attractions.
Map of Kansas City: A Guide To A Host Of Local Interests Photo Gallery
Kansas City is a city of many attractions, and this map can help you find them all. From museums to parks to historic landmarks, there’s something for everyone in Kansas City. Here are just a few of the places you’ll want to visit:
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is one of the most famous museums in the Midwest. It has a wide range of art from around the world, and it’s well worth a visit for anyone interested in art.
The Liberty Memorial is dedicated to the memory of those who fought in World War I and II. The memorial features impressive sculptures and architecture, as well as a museum with artifacts from both wars.
The Kansas City Botanical Gardens is one of the largest gardens in Missouri. It has a variety of plants from all over the world, as well as an outdoor sculpture garden and a Children’s Garden.
The Kauffman Center for the Arts is home to concerts, theater performances, and exhibits by local and national artists. It’s an important part of the cultural life of Kansas City.
These are only a few of the attractions in Kansas City; there are many more to explore on this map!
What to Do in Kansas City
Kansas City is a huge city, so there is sure to be something for everyone to do. Whether you’re looking for an adrenaline rush with activities like bungee jumping or hiking, need to get your shopping done at local boutiques and specialty stores or want to relax with a good book in a beautiful setting, the variety of things to do in Kansas City will leave you wanting more. So if you’re planning a trip to this incredible city, make sure to check out our blog section for tips on what to do in each district of Kansas City!
Local Cultural Attractions
Kansas City offers a variety of cultural attractions to explore. The city’s diverse history and architecture is on display at the National World War I Museum and Memorial, the Liberty Memorial, and the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. Kansas City also has a strong music scene with venues such as the Midland Theater and the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. Local food offerings include barbecue at KC Smokehouse and Urban BBQ, Vietnamese cuisine at Pho Viet, Mexican food at El Rey de la Mexicana, and sushi at Sushi Tei. For nightlife seekers, there are bars such as Peter Rabbit’s Pub, The Waiting Room, and The Riot Room.
Other Things to Know Before You Go
If you’re planning a trip to Kansas City, there are a few other things you need to know before departing. Here are five of the top tourist attractions in Kansas City.
1. Union Station- This grand railway station was once the busiest in the country and is now a popular tourist destination. The interior is filled with marble and granite, and features stunning art deco murals and ceiling paintings. You can also check out the train simulator, or take a stroll down Market Street to explore some of the local shops and restaurants.
2. Ameritrade Park- This ballpark was formerly known as Arrowhead Stadium and is home to the Kansas City Royals baseball team. It has been recently renovated and features a new scoreboard, luxury suites, and an outdoor plaza with plenty of seating for people to watch games while they eat barbecue or enjoy a cold drink.
3. Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art- This museum is home to rotating exhibits of contemporary art from around the world, as well as an impressive permanent collection that includes pieces by renowned artists like Andy Warhol and Damien Hirst. Don’t forget to wander through the gardens before leaving!
4. Liberty Memorial- This imposing memorial commemorates those who fought in and died in the World War I and World War II, and features a war-torn landscape of miniature models of Paris, London, Washington D.C., New York, and Kansas City itself.
5. Googolplex- The world’s largest Rubik’s cube was displayed at this interactive museum for several years, but it has since been moved to the Kansas City Power & Light District. Come check it out if you’re there!
6. Swope Art Museum- This fine art museum is also home to an impressive collection of modern art, including pieces by Auguste Rodin and Franz Kline that are well worth a look even if you’re not an art lover!
If you’re looking to explore the many local attractions Kansas City has to offer, then you’ll want to download and print our map. The map includes detailed information on places like the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, the Kansas Bioscience Authority, and more. You can even find out where some of KC’s most popular restaurants are located! When you’re done exploring, be sure to take a look at our list of things to do in Kansas City so that you have everything you need before your trip.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Cost of “Skiplagging”: How A Teen’s Travel Hack Landed Him a Ban from American Airlines
- A Night Out in LA: Exploring the Best Bars in the City
- 10 Must-See Destinations for Nature Lovers
- 10 Yoga Poses For Strengthening Your Back
- Washington’s Most Popular Attractions, Shopping and Dining Spots