Traveling is always an adventure, and with that in mind, it’s hard to imagine what life was like before the advent of travel guides. Today, they’re a must-have item when planning a trip – saving you the hassle of trying to figure out how to get around on your own, finding enough free time to go exploring, and the stress of not knowing where you should be going next. This guide will help you find the perfect Buffalo experience for you!
Map of Buffalo – Travel Guide for Buffalo
Buffalo is a city in western New York. It’s located on the eastern shore of Lake Erie and is about an hour from Toronto. Buffalo is known for its art, history, and its people. Here are some tips on how to explore Buffalo:
1.Start your exploration of Buffalo by visiting the Buffalo History Museum. This museum has a great collection of exhibits about the city’s history.
2.Next stop, check out the Art Gallery of Buffalo. This gallery features both local and international artists.
3.If you’re looking for something more amusement-based, head to the Erie County Fairgrounds. This fair has a variety of rides and attractions for kids and adults alike.
4.For a taste of downtown Buffalo, visit the Albright-Knox Art Gallery or the Jewish Museum of Western New York. Both museums have a wide variety of exhibits to explore.
5.If you’re interested in food, make sure to visit Red Cat Café or Peg Leg Pete’s BBQ Shack during your stay in Buffalo. These restaurants are known for their delicious cuisine and unique atmosphere.
Map of Buffalo – How To Explore Buffalo: The Perfect Your Buffalo, NY Guide Photo Gallery
What To Do in Buffalo
Buffalo is a wonderful place to stay for a weekend or longer. Here are some of the things you can do in Buffalo:
-Take a walk around Delaware Park, one of Buffalo’s largest parks with plenty of green space to relax and enjoy the views.
-Visit the Art Gallery of Western New York, which has a large collection of art from around the world.
-Stroll through the historic downtown area, taking in all the different shops and restaurants.
-Check out one of Buffalo’s many festivals, like the Buffalo International Film Festival or the Buffalo Folk Festival.
-Take a trip to Niagara Falls, which is only about an hour away by car.
Best Places to Eat in Buffalo
Buffalo is a city known for its food. Here are some of our favorite places to eat in Buffalo:
-Blue Smoke BBQ: This restaurant is known for its smoked meats, including the world’s best pulled pork. It has a wide variety of dishes to choose from, and the atmosphere is very casual.
-The Anchor Bar and Grill: This restaurant is a favorite among locals for its delicious burgers and fries. The Anchor also has a wide variety of beers on tap, as well as an extensive wine list.
-Noonish: This restaurant offers modern American cuisine in a casual setting. Lunchtime can get busy, so be prepared to wait. But the food is well worth it!
-Wildflower Cafe: This cafe specializes in organic and locally sourced food. It’s a great place to get healthy lunch options, or just relax and enjoy some good company.
Best Places to Drink in Buffalo
Buffalo is known for its delicious craft beers and we can’t help but recommend some of our favorite bars to hit up when you’re looking for a good time. Whether you’re in the mood for a cold one or something a little more refreshing, these spots will have you feeling right at home.
1. The Erie Canal Pub – If you’re looking for a unique and authentic Buffalo experience, head on over to The Erie Canal Pub. This bar is tucked away in the heart of the canal district and features signature drinks like the canal slide (a shot of whiskey followed by a sip of water) and the barge pole (a martini made with vermouth, Lillet Blanc, and bitters). It’s also got an awesome patio that’s perfect for catching some fresh air while you enjoy your drink.
2. The Southern Tier Brewing Company – Located in downtown Buffalo, The Southern Tier Brewing Company is always buzzing with activity. Not only does it offer some of the best craft beers in town, but their food is also top-notch. From burgers to pizzas, there’s something for everyone at this spot.
3. The Bison Den – If you’re looking for an intimate setting with great service and a great craft beer list, then the Bison Den is your place. This bar has a ton of charm, and you’ll feel right at home when you sit down.
4. O’Connor Brewing Company – The O’Connor Brewing Company has an awesome atmosphere that’s perfect for friends and family to get together in downtown Buffalo. Their patio is especially fun during Mayfest.
5. The Rhino Room – With an outdoor patio that overlooks the city’s skyline, The Rhino Room is the perfect spot to grab some food and drinks before heading out on the town. Plus, all of their beers are made with whole-wheat malts which make them extra tasty!
How to Get Around in Buffalo
Buffalo is a great city to explore on foot, and there are plenty of ways to get around without relying on the car. Buses run frequently throughout the city, and the Metro Rail system makes getting around downtown easily. Pedestrian bridges connect many of the neighborhoods in Buffalo, making it easy to get from one place to another. The lakefront is also great for walking or biking, and there are plenty of parks and playgrounds to explore in the city.
Attractions and Day Trips from Buffalo
Buffalo is a great city for day trips. Whether you’re a tourist looking to explore some of the city’s notable attractions or an everyday Buffalonian curious about the local scene, our guide has something for you.
Some of Buffalo’s top attractions include: The Albright-Knox Art Gallery and the Buffalo Zoo. Both are well worth a visit, and make great place to start your day out. If you’re looking for something more local, check out the Elmwood Park Zoo or Canalside Park. If you’re in the mood for some tasty Buffalo fare, stop by Mad Anthony’s Pizza or Joe Squared Pizza.
Buffalo is also home to some great day trips. Niagara Falls is only about an hour away, and there are plenty of other attractions nearby like the Rochester Museum and Science Center, War Memorial Plaza and Frontier Field. If you’re looking to explore more of Western New York, hop on Interstate 190 and take in all of Rochester including Kodak Hall at Eastman School of Music, George Eastman House and Highland Park Amusement Park.
Whatever your interests or plans for Buffalo, be sure to check out our guide!
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Cost of “Skiplagging”: How A Teen’s Travel Hack Landed Him a Ban from American Airlines
- A Night Out in LA: Exploring the Best Bars in the City
- 10 Must-See Destinations for Nature Lovers
- 10 Yoga Poses For Strengthening Your Back
- Washington’s Most Popular Attractions, Shopping and Dining Spots