Bakersfield has much to offer travelers – “The City That Surprises and Delights” as one site puts it. With the widespread infrastructures, amazing food, and a surprisingly rich history of its own, Bakersfield is a great place to visit. In this article, we’ll be sharing some secrets about how to make the most out of your trip.
Map of Bakersfield – Travel Guide for Bakersfield
Bakersfield, California is a city that surprises and delights visitors. Whether you’re looking for history, food, or entertainment, there’s something for everyone in Bakersfield. The city has a rich history dating back to the 1800s and is home to some of the most popular attractions in Kern County. Visitors can find everything from museums to amusement parks to art galleries in Bakersfield.
The city’s food scene is also worth checking out. You’ll find everything from traditional Mexican food to international cuisine here. If you’re looking for an evening out on the town, Bakersfield has plenty of options for you as well. There are theaters and clubs downtown as well as some great bars and restaurants in the eastside area.
Whether you’re visiting Bakersfield for a day or a week, this travel guide will help you get around and enjoy all the city has to offer.
A Trip Guide For Bakersfield: The City That Surprises And Delights Photo Gallery
Quick Facts about Bakersfield
Bakersfield is one of the most surprising and delightful cities in California. Known for its natural beauty and agricultural industry, this city has something for everyone. Bakersfield is also known for its lively nightlife and eclectic dining scene. Here are some quick facts about this great city:
-The population of Bakersfield is approximately 248,000
-It is located in the Central Valley, in the southern part of California
-Bakersfield was founded in 1873 and named after John Baker, a business associate of founder Dick Baker
-The Kern County Museum features exhibits on California history, agriculture, natural resources, and art
-The Bakersfield Symphony Orchestra performs classical music throughout the year -Bakersfield is home to Sequoia Middle School, a public school that was the second oldest in California-The Bakersfield Zoo features animals from both local and international communities-Bakersfield’s Downtown is home to several popular restaurants including Denny’s, The Cheesecake Factory, and El Torito.
What to Eat and Do in Bakersfield
There are so many things to do and see in Bakersfield, it’s hard to know where to start. The food is definitely a big part of the city’s culture, and there are endless options for restaurants and cafes. Here are some of our favorite spots:
– Desperado’s Mexican Grill: This family-owned restaurant is known for its delicious Tex-Mex cuisine. They have all the traditional favorites, but you can also order up some unusual dishes like buffalo chicken nachos.
– Big John’s Pizza: This local favorite has been serving up delicious pizza since 1978. They have a wide variety of toppings and specialty pies to choose from, so there’s always something new to try.
– All Good Cafe: This cafe has a great atmosphere and serves up delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. You can find everything from burgers to salad to homemade pizzas here.
– ConocoPhillips Brewery: If you love beer (and who doesn’t?), then you need to visit the ConocoPhillips Brewery. They have an impressive selection of beers available, as well as enough unique flavors to keep you entertained true beer lovers.- Jack in the Box: If you are looking for a quick lunch or dinner, then this is the place. All of their restaurants serve up delicious burgers with all of their favorite toppings, as well as some creative salads and sandwiches options.
Where to Stay in Bakersfield
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Bakersfield, you’ll be pleased to know that there are many options available. From luxury hotels to budget-friendly lodgings, there’s something for everyone. Here are three of the best places to stay in Bakersfield:
1. The Ritz-Carlton: This luxurious hotel offers breathtaking views of the city and the mountains beyond. It’s located just minutes from downtown Bakersfield and has a wide range of amenities, including an outdoor pool and a fitness center.
2. DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton: This hotel is perfect for visitors who want convenience and comfort. It’s located just minutes from downtown Bakersfield, has an indoor pool and a number of amenities, including free Wi-Fi and a business center.
3. Best Western Plus Banquet & Conference Center: This is a great option if you’re looking for spacious rooms and all the modern amenities you could hope for. It offers a wide range of services, including meeting rooms and a 24-hour front desk.
What to See and Do Nearby
If you’re looking for a fun and quirky city to visit, be sure to check out Bakersfield, California. This city is known for its agricultural history and its diverse population, which includes both locals and immigrants. Here are some of the fun things to do in or near Bakersfield:
-Visit downtown Bakersfield for its historic buildings and charming neighborhoods.
-Take a walk or bike ride through the Kern River Valley National Wildlife Refuge, home to more than 250 species of birds and wildlife.
-Stroll down Main Street in Old Town Bakersfield and enjoy the eclectic shops and restaurants.
-Witness magnificent sunsets at the Lake Casitas Resort & Spa, located just outside of town.
We love Bakersfield! It’s a city that surprises and delights, whether you’re a food lover or not. The food scene here is unlike any other in California, and the city itself is charming and unpretentious. You’ll find everything you need and more here, whether it’s a bustling downtown district or a quaint neighborhood surrounded by nature.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Cost of “Skiplagging”: How A Teen’s Travel Hack Landed Him a Ban from American Airlines
- A Night Out in LA: Exploring the Best Bars in the City
- 10 Must-See Destinations for Nature Lovers
- 10 Yoga Poses For Strengthening Your Back
- Washington’s Most Popular Attractions, Shopping and Dining Spots