Traveling is a great way to meet new people and do something different. With so much to offer and so many options, it can sometimes be difficult to get it all in and see the sights. This article tells you what the best travel guide for Louisville includes – everything from the top events in the city, to where the best hotels are located.
Map of Louisville
If you’re looking for activities and places to stay in Louisville, this is the ultimate guide for you! Here are the top things to do in Louisville, as well as information on where to find great lodging and restaurants.
You’ll love exploring Louisville’s fascinating history at some of its landmark sites, like Old Kentucky Home and the Churchill Downs racetrack. You can also take in a show at the newly renovated Kennedy Center or catch a game at one of the city’s many stadiums. If you’re looking for something to do outside the city, head to Jefferson County for a day of hiking or biking, or hit the casino floor in Cincinnati. Whatever you choose to do, make sure to plan your trip with our map of Louisville!
Louisville Travel Guide: The Ultimate List Of Things To Do And Where To Stay Photo Gallery
What to Expect When Visiting Louisville
When you’re planning your trip to Louisville, KY, be sure to read our blog section for tips on what to expect! From delicious food to must-see attractions, we’ve got you covered.
Here’s a list of some of our favorite things to do in Louisville:
-Visit the Kentucky Derby Museum. This museum is home to a treasure trove of racing memorabilia and information on the history of horse racing.
-Take a walk through the ornate Victorian district of downtown Louisville. This area is home to many beautiful architecture specimens and is a great place to people watch.
-Explore the art scene in Louisville with a visit to the Matt Simon Gallery or the Brand New Gallery.
-Check out some of the top restaurants in Louisville including Benjy’s, Butchertown Hall, and Hurstbourne Commons.
Where to Stay in Louisville
If you’re looking for a comfortable place to stay while visiting Louisville, there are plenty of options available. In fact, many of the top hotels in the city can be found right on the waterfront. However, if you’re looking for something a bit more unique and off the beaten path, you’ll want to consider checking out some of the city’s boutique hotels.
Another option that should be on your list is staying in Louisville’s historic neighborhoods. From downtown to south central Kentucky, there are plenty of areas to explore and soak up the city’s history. And finally, if you’re looking for a place to eat, there’s no shortage of great restaurants in Louisville. In fact, many local favorites can be found within walking distance of most hotels. So whichever way you decide to stay in Louisville, make sure to check out our blog section for more information!
Things to Do in Louisville
While Louisville may be best known for its bourbon and horses, there’s a lot more to see and do in this Southern city. Here are the top things to do in Louisville:
1. Visit the Kentucky Derby Museum – Home to one of the world’s most famous horse races, the Kentucky Derby Museum is a must-see in Louisville. Admission is free, and you can learn all about the history of the race from exhibits devoted to participants and spectators alike.
2. Explore Churchill Downs – The home of thoroughbred racing, Churchill Downs is also home to a amusement park, restaurants, and more. You can ride on pony rides, watch racing from grandstands or experience a live performance at one of the theaters.
3. Take a walk down Main Street – This historic district is home to galleries, boutiques, and restaurants galore. Sample regional cuisine at some of the area’s favorite eateries or take a leisurely stroll down main street for some photos and shopping therapy.
4. Stroll through Frankfort – Home to stately architecture and charming cafes, Frankfort is another great place to wander around while in Louisville.
Other Tips and Suggestions
1. If you’re looking for a Louisville vacation that is both fun and educational, consider visiting the Louisville Science Center. This interactive museum offers an amazing variety of exhibits, from space to earth science.
2. For a more relaxed vacation, head to Bardstown Road for some classic Kentucky bourbon tasting. You can also take in some unbeatable views of the city from atop Horse Cave Hill.
3. If you’re looking for a little retail therapy, check out the trendy Fourth Street District or the funky East End.
4. For an activity that is a little less intense, consider taking a walk around Frankfort’s charming downtown district or touring Churchill Downs racetrack.