If you’re new to Dallas, you might be wondering how to get around town, how to find your way around all of the different neighborhoods, and what landmarks are worth a visit. This infographic is an amazing guide for navigating the urban area that is Dallas.
A Map of Dallas
Dallas is a city in North Texas. It’s known for its big and flashy downtown, as well as its rich history. The city has a population of over 1.3 million people, making it the fourth-most populous city in the United States. Dallas was founded in 1841, and today it’s a major center for business and culture. It’s also home to some of the most iconic landmarks in Texas, like the Reunion Tower and Dealey Plaza. Dallas is a great place to live, work, and play.
What to Do In Dallas:
If you’re looking for things to do in Dallas, you should start by checking out some of the city’s most iconic attractions. These include the Reunion Tower (a skyscraper located downtown), Dealey Plaza (where President John F Kennedy was shot), and museums like the Museum of Fine Arts and the Dallas Museum of Art. You can also explore some of Dallas’ neighborhoods, like Deep Ellum or Little Mexico. If you want to get out there and enjoy some outdoor activities, you should head to Big Dilly Lake or White Rock Lake. And if you want to party all night, you can enjoy music events at the House of Blues and the Palladium.
Map of Dallas: Travel Guide For The Fabulous City Of Dallas Photo Gallery
Where To Stay in Dallas?
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Dallas, there are plenty of choices to be had. Whether you’re looking for a hotel near the airport or in the heart of the city, there’s an option for you. Here are five places to stay in Dallas:
1. Sheraton Dallas Hotel and Towers: This luxury hotel is located just minutes from downtown Dallas and is perfect for those who want to be close to all the action but still want some peace and quiet. The Sheraton offers an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a business center that is perfect for meeting guests or working on your next project.
2. Westin Galleria at Flower Mound: If you’re looking for a relaxing staycation away from the hectic city life, then this Westin Galleria at Flower Mound should definitely be on your list. The hotel features an indoor pool, spa, and salon that will leave you feeling pampered.
3. Four Points by Sheraton Dallas Downtown/Cowtown: If you’re looking for a more affordable option that still offers great amenities, check out the Four Points by Sheraton Dallas Downtown/Cowtown. The hotel has a fitness center, outdoor pool, and free breakfast.
4. Hyatt Regency Dallas: The Hyatt Regency Dallas has everything you need to stay in top shape while on your trip to Dallas. This hotel features a business center, fitness center, and indoor pool, making it perfect for both leisure and business travelers.
Things to Do In Dallas
If you’re looking for something to do in Dallas, you’re in luck! The city has a lot to offer, from museums to parks to restaurants, and there’s always something new to explore. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Dallas:
1. Spend a day at the Dallas Museum of Art. This museum is home to some of the most famous works of art in the world, including paintings by Vincent van Gogh and Jean-Paul Gauguin. Admission is free on Wednesdays, so make sure to visit on one of those days if you’re in town!
2. Visit Love Field Airport and take a tour of the planes on display. This airport was once the busiest in America, and it’s still a fascinating place to visit. You can also go on souvenir shopping trips inside the airport or eat at one of the many restaurants located there.
3. Take a walk through Deep Ellum. This section of Dallas is known for its eclectic mix of shops and restaurants, and it’s a great place to spend an afternoon if you want to get away from the downtown area. There are also plenty of bars and restaurants in Deep Ellum that you can visit if you’re looking for an evening out.
4. Attend a Dallas Stars game! This hockey team is really popular in Texas, and its games are usually packed with loyal fans who are excited to cheer on their favorite team. You can also see concerts or other events at the arena, and it hosts a variety of sports teams throughout the year.
5. Spend time at The Dallas Zoo! This zoo is one of the most popular attractions in Dallas, so you’ll definitely want to make reservations in advance if you want to visit during a certain time period. You’ll also see plenty of different animal species from around the world at this zoo, including reptiles, giant pandas and some big cats.
Dining Guide for Dallas: Where To Eat
Dallas is a city that knows how to party. Whether it’s at the lively nightlife scene in downtown or the sprawling suburbs, there’s always something happening. And no matter what time of year you visit, there’s always a great dining option waiting for you. Here are five of our favorite spots in Dallas to enjoy a delicious meal.
1) The Greenbelt Restaurant: This locally-owned and -operated restaurant is known for its creative and hearty dishes, like their popular pork belly bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese. You’ll be delighted by the delicious food and excellent service here.
2) Las Palmas: This Mexican restaurant is a must-visit for anyone visiting Dallas. They offer authentic dishes from all around Mexico, plus an extensive selection of tequila and mezcal to choose from. Plus, the atmosphere is festive and cozy all at the same time.
3) Bayou Burger Co.: If you’re looking for a quick bite, head to Bayou Burger Co. This burger joint has some of the best burgers in Dallas and they’re perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. Plus, they have a huge variety of shakes and desserts to choose from too!
Bars and Clubs in Dallas
Dallas is known for its nightlife, and there’s no shortage of places to get your groove on. From dance clubs to rooftop bars, here are the top bars and clubs in Dallas.
The District – This stylish venue features an impressive wine list and a retractable roof that lets in plenty of natural light. The District is perfect for a night out with friends or a date.
The Office – This popular bar has been around since the early days of Dallas’ nightlife scene. It’s a great place to catch a game or just relax with friends.
The Kessler – This chic spot offers something for everyone: great drinks, an energetic atmosphere and live music every night of the week.
Pecan Lodge – This cozy bar has been serving up libations since 1927. It’s the perfect place to sip on a cold one while taking in some live music.
Taco Tuesday at Mi Cocina – This Tex-Mex restaurant is known for its delicious tacos, and Taco Tuesday is the best time to indulge! The restaurant features an extensive menu, so there’s sure to be something for everyone on Taco Tuesday.
Museums/ Arts Centers in Dallas
One of the benefits of living in Dallas is its abundance of museums and arts centers. Whether you’re interested in classical art, photography, jazz, or modern art, there’s a museum for you in Dallas.
Some of the city’s most notable museums include the Dallas Museum of Art, which features a renowned collection of European and American paintings; the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, which tells the story of John F. Kennedy’s assassination; and the Nasher Sculpture Center, home to world-renowned sculptures by Auguste Rodin and Henry Moore.
If you’re an arts lover, you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of arts centers in Dallas to explore. The Perot Museum of Nature and Science is home to exhibits on natural history and science, while the Meyerson Symphony Center features top-notch performances by symphony orchestras from around the world. And if you’re looking for an interactive experience with your favorite artists, head to the Art Institute of Texas at Fair Park for exhibits on contemporary art.