For those who may not be familiar with Denver, this article is a handy guide to getting around and learning the ins and outs of the city on your day trip or weekend getaway.
Denver is a city that loves to show off its maps. Whether you’re looking for a day trip or weekend getaway, Denver’s maps can help you find your way around. Here are the top five places to see Denver’s maps:
1. The Map Room at the Denver Public Library – This is one of the most iconic places in Denver, and for good reason. The Map Room has an amazing collection of maps dating back to the 1800s. It’s a great place to learn about Denver’s history and see some of the city’s most notable landmarks.
2. The Coors Light Museum – If you’re a beer lover, you need to check out the Coors Light Museum. Not only do they have a fantastic collection of beer memorabilia, but they also have a replica brewery from around the world on display.
3. The Colorado Convention Center – If you’re looking for some big indoor attractions while in Denver, look no further than the Colorado Convention Center. There’s plenty of things to do here, including a gigantic exhibit about John F Kennedy Jr.’s assassination that visitors can explore.
4. The 16th Street Mall – If you’re looking for some shopping opportunities while in Denver, then the 16th Street Mall is where you need to be. There are a ton of great stores and restaurants here, making this place a great place to visit while in Denver.
5. Coors Field – If you’re in town for a game, don’t miss out on checking out Coors Field when you’re in Denver. Yes, it’s a sports venue that’s known for hosting the Colorado Rockies baseball team, but it also hosts concerts and other sporting events throughout the year as well!
6. The U.S Mint – As one of four mints in the United States, visiting the U.S. Mint is an exciting experience that everyone should take part in at least once during their life time!
Denver’s Maps: A Travel Guide For Your Day Trip Or Weekend Getaway Photo Gallery
Where to Eat in Denver
Denver is known for its amazing food, and there are a lot of great places to eat! Here are our top picks for where to eat in Denver:
1. Mi Casa Mexican Kitchen – This restaurant is family-owned and operated and they have some of the best Mexican food in town! They have everything from tacos to burritos, so there’s something for everyone!
2. The Wynkoop Brewing Company – This brewery is located right in downtown Denver and they have tons of beers to choose from! They also have a nice patio where you can relax after dinner.
3. Yard House – This chain restaurant has locations all over the country and they’re definitely worth checking out if you’re looking for some good American fare. They have burgers, chicken wings, and more!
4. Lococo’s Pizza – This pizza place is definitely worth a visit if you’re looking for something different than the typical pizza options. They have salads, calzones, and more!
5. Starbelly Coffee – If you’re looking for a great cup of coffee, Starbelly is the place to go! They’ve got tons of different flavors to choose from and they also serve breakfast items throughout the day.
6. Sushiya – This is another great sushi restaurant that you won’t regret visiting if you’re a fan of the Japanese cuisine. Their specialty rolls are definitely worth trying!
7. La Bodega – This Mexican restaurant is definitely one that’s worth checking out! If you love tacos, this place will be up your alley!
8. Rizzi’s Italian Restaurant – This Italian restaurant has an extensive menu of pastas and Italian entrees, along with other Mediterranean favorites.
Where to Shop in Denver
Denver is a city known for its shopping. From high-end boutiques to funky secondhand stores, there’s something for everyone in Denver. You can find everything from clothes to home decor to eats in the city. Here are some of our favorite shops:
1. Anthropologie: This popular store carries furniture, home decor, and accessories made from natural materials, like wood and cotton.
2. Urban Outfitters: This chain has stores all over the country, but we love their Denver location for its racks of trendy clothes and accessories.
3. The Container Store: This store has a massive selection of storage containers, pots, pans, dishes, and more. It’s a great place to pick up supplies for your Thanksgiving feast or weekend getaway!
4. Starbucks: Need a caffeine boost before your shopping spree? Head to one of Denver’s many Starbucks stores!
5. Ace Hardware: If you’re looking for tools and hardware to do repairs on your own home or fix things around the house, Ace is the place to go.
6. Tiffany & Co.: This famous jewelry store has two locations in Denver – one in the Capitol Hill neighborhood and one in LoDo (lower downtown). Bonus points if you have an engagement ring to buy!
7. Denver Children’s Museum: The museum is a great place for kids of all ages. Kids can play in the playground, watch animals – and take care of them – at the Discovery Center, or get creative at the art studio.
8. Dierbergs Food Markets: Denver is home to many grocery stores, but Dierbergs is one of the best!
9. Ace Comics: One of two comic book stores in Denver, Ace has more than 60,000 comics and graphic novels! It’s also a great place to hang out if you’re looking for some entertainment on your shopping spree.
Top Denver Attractions
Denver is a sprawling city with lots to do, see, and explore. Whether you’re looking for a day trip or weekend getaway, here are some of the top Denver attractions.
1. The Denver Art Museum: This museum houses a wonderful collection of Western art dating back to the 1800s. If you’re an art lover, this is a must-see destination.
2. The Rocky Mountains: Just minutes from downtown Denver, the Rocky Mountains offer stunning views of snow-capped peaks and glaciers. Hike, bike, or drive to see these majestic mountains up close and personal.
3. Red Rocks Amphitheatre: One of the world’s most famous rock venues, Red Rocks Amphitheatre offers concerts by some of today’s biggest names in music. If you’re a fan of live music, make sure to check it out!
4. Colorado Convention Center: Home to plenty of events ranging from trade shows to sporting events, the Colorado Convention Center is a great place to spend an afternoon or evening. You never know who you’ll meet!
Best Red Rocks Concerts
If you’re looking for the best concerts in Denver, Red Rocks Park is where you should be. The venue has a history of hosting some of the world’s most iconic musicians, and it’s easy to see why—the acoustics are second to none. Whether you’re a fan of classic rock or metal, Red Rocks has something for you. And if you’re looking to get a little closer to your favorite artist, consider purchasing tickets in the pit.
Best Boulder Events
It’s not too late to plan your Denver trip and get some amazing events in the process! Here are our picks for the best Boulder events this week:
– Tuesday, September 25th: The Boulder Book Fair at The University of Colorado comes to an end. Check out the vendors and get your hands on some new reads!
– Thursday, September 27th: The annual pumpkin picking extravaganza returns to Boulder. Get ready for hours of fun with family and friends while picking your own pumpkins and taking home your very own pie.
– Saturday, September 29th: Enjoy a day of music at various venues all around town. Head to Bluebird Theatre for a performance by The Lumineers and Chase & Status at Red Rocks Amphitheatre for a headlining performance by Zedd.
Denver is a city with a lot to offer tourists and residents alike. Whether you are looking for a day trip or weekend getaway, we’ve put together this map of Denver’s top tourist attractions. From the beautiful Rocky Mountains to world-class museums, there is something for everyone on this map. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!